Fatima Banu Hospital was born out of the philanthropic disposition of Sir Mohamed Yusuf. The present Hospital building was constructed in 1020 in the memory of Sir Yusuf’s mother who had died in Damascus in 1913. Sir Yusuf also opened a sanatorium in 1932 in the five furnished cottages which are now a property of ONGC, Nhava Base. The elders’ Home was subsequently established in the present day Sagaresh Suites.
The Hospital provides medical cover to the trainees residing in the Campus, Foundation’s employees, their families and local inhabitants of Nhava and adjoining villages. The Hospital has a small air conditioned operation theatre, fully equipped Intensive Care Unit room, Pathology Laboratory, and a small dispensary that stocks generic medicines required for treatment of the inmates of the Campus. A fully qualified resident Medical Officer is present in the Campus at all times.
The Hospital arranges regular immunisation programmes, ‘well baby’ clinics, and blood donation camps, and First Aid demonstrations for School children when they visit the Campus on study tours. The Hospital also arranges free medical checkups for the students of LKM School and local children.